Friday, June 5, 2009

More spring bloomers

More of the white ox-eye daisies! They just glow, particularly about dusk.



















The mid-season azaleas make me smile, and now that the deer can't munch them to the ground, there is more to smile about. One day, this deer fence will come down, but not until the azales, hydrangeas and camelias get large enough to withstand some munching. Or, the idea of that fence coming down might just be wishful thinking. Either way, right now, it's keeping the deer and rabbits out.


Julie gave me some columbine seeds from her amazing crop in Maryland. I laughed as I transplanted the little seedlings I started, knowing how much the rabbits would enjoy these tender morsels! But, to my surprise, the rabbits don't want them, the drought didn't faze them, the heat and shade and humidity didn't dampen their spirits. So, there is now a growing bed of columbines. Behind the White Bench by the pond, in front of a bank of red azaleas (the ones in cages).
Posted by Picasa

No comments: