Monday, October 5, 2009

Last visit to Granville Island Market

Friday, October 2

I love this place! The first visit here was so overwhelming, I could only make drawings and lists and take photographs. Today, I'm Looking! There is a village of visual artists of every medium here. The studio/galleries are in what appear to be old warehouses, a good use for the space. There is cememt plant in the middle of all this artwork and food!

This woman's work is all wool felt. I love these hats! Her website is www.propagelove.com.
 

The food market, though, is what holds my attention. If I lived close, I'd shop here EVERYDAY! Like the first visit, I'm overwhelmed with the variety and colors. Today, however, I did eat a delicious fig and oat pastry!

This fruit from Thailand is $7 per pound...
 

Another Asian fruit...
 

The green fruits and the yellow fruits are some sort of berries.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: