Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Loftiness of it all

 

 

 

Sometimes, I just need to do things that are neither educational nor enlightening, useful nor inspirational. Things like clean out the junk drawer in the kitchen. There is probably some high-dollar pyschological study that explains why we need to do such tasks. These photos represent the mindless Happy Tasks I've worked on lately. A sidewalk that has been waiting ten years for installation; a Lois Ericson Kimono Vest that has been talking to me for several years from the pattern drawer; and a jigsaw puzzle that was a good meditation.

So, the sidewalk could be considered a good project. And, I guess I did learn that there is a difference in sand. I suppose that elevates the sidewalk to the Useful category.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

gypsygirl said...

Mark wanted me to tell you good job on the puzzle as it was a hard one.

Betsy said...

Love the sidewalk! Love the kimono pattern! Love that you're being so productive!! Now I need a push!

karenc said...

Honeys, I had to push for that puzzle! It was a hard one, Mark did the hardest part of getting the border complete. I do love a jigsaw puzzle....the sidewalk was easy, thanks, ~B! You, my deah, don't need a push, you need a day to play.

Not so productive this week, but still a good week.
love and lists, k

Unknown said...

That puzzle really does look hard. And for some reason it reminds me of a quilt you made -- an abstract one called (if I remember correctly) Summer Storm. I think it's the movement. Certainly not the content. Anyway, the kimono is lucious and the sidewalk, lovely. Doesn't take a high-dollar study to know that cleaning out the junk drawer or doing long-awaited projects cleans out our minds to receive other project to do!