Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sistah Rejuvenation Week

 If I'm not just about the luckiest girl alive, I'll kiss....!  

Once again, the Sistah's Spring Rejuvenation Week has done just that.  Our mansion for the week is just perfect, with a huge living/kitchen/dining area that has fabulous light for all our projects, and overlooks the ocean.  The cooking arrangement allows the cook for the night to stay with the rest of the group while preparing an always delicious meal.  And, reliably, the dolphins perform for us.


















We arrive to a nicely decorated house, and we immediately disassemble the place, to create a place for six women  to create...by bringing out own tables, we're assured of plenty of work space!












Let the creativity begin!
















 


Julie and Kari had a small circle challenge between them, and Martha and I modeled the finished results.  I have no clue what they'll do with these bright circles, but Martha and I had fun playing with them.

















 


I spent one day with some hand-dyed fabric, the Shiva paintsticks and some texture plates, turning out this piece of fabric.  It's become a summer dress, with the two coordinates barely showing at the bottom of the photo.  Lovely stuff, those Shiva paintsticks!  Thankyou, Julie!











The collector in me just can't let go.  I've lived by the beach my entire life, and still have to haul shells home.  This week, they turned into my version of a Sailor's Valentine, for my Valentine.  Gotta love Elmer's Glue, and a trash cart over-filled with cardboard, which I used for the base.


We all worked on a short list of projects, but more importantly, we enjoyed a week of support, and our own schedule.  The only rule for YSA weeks:  do whatever makes you happy when it makes you happy to do it! The challenge is to find that same balance in our daily lives.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

gypsygirl said...

What a great week it was Sistah Karen, thanks for everything!