Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Light Night!

Tuesday night, December 8, 2009
Light Night, at James Island County Park! This is the sand scuplture, now in it's 20th year. Yes, sand. Beach Sand. The entire sculpture was made in about 10 days, by a professional scultor and team. It's sprayed daily, during the festival, with a mixture of white glue and water, to keep it from crumbling. The more I look at it, the more detail I see, it's amazing!

 







Think Santa trusts Rudolph's navigation skills? That's a sand map in Rudolph's hands...The detail in the sculpture is incredible!
 

 




























This local flamingo flock is behind our Cottage, standing in a 'pool' or blue lights. This might be my favorite part of the display. But, I do feel guilty about supporting all this power consumption. Just think of the resources required to light this, and to drive all the people through the park to see it....do NOT call me a Grinch! Taking care of our earth is NOT being a Grinch! And, yes, I'm contributing to the problem by being here, and by using all the gas it's going to take to get us to the gulf coast and back. Guilty, I will not argue.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: