Sunday, August 5, 2012

jewelry day

      Barbara and Sharon were here for a studio play day recently, which is a good day for lots of reasons!  First, the inspiration and opinions are terrific. Secondly, it makes me clear the clutter in the studio before they arrive! We always talk about our successful projects underway, and then break out the projects that need help.  Quilting, garments, bags and jewelry are always covered.  So, while I had the Big Table mostly cleared, a few days later, it seemed like a good time to get the jewelry boxes on the table.  A few repairs are always waiting, and after finishing those chores, I spent the rest of the day on Orphans.  You know:  those things that have nothing to wear with them.  Sometimes, an Orphan is a blouse with no good skirt/pants option, sometimes an Orphan is a necklace with no good ear rings. 

Barbara's sister had just returned from a trip to China, and I really liked the bracelet she brought for Barbara, so I made two:  one with silver bead fillers, the other with pearls/gold/silver.  Just my size, too!  Next, a pair of ear rings to wear with a glass leaf necklace I made several years ago (inspired by a jewelry store window in  Hood River, OR).  A pair of ear rings to wear with a beautiful Rebecca Yeoman necklace I bought at a Literacy Council Fundraiser, and; a chain for the charm I made in a class with Julie Haymaker-Thompson at Art and Soul Hampton, VA (Julie made the Ritz Cracker charm!).

A few more fun pieces, which I'll post later!
Posted by Picasa