Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dia del amor

No pics today, lo siento.  Yo empece (I began) spanish class again this week, five days, 3 hours a day.  Past tense!  No longer will I have to jab my thumb over my shoulder when I stumble through something in present tense, but mean past tense.  OK, give me a couple of weeks to remember a couple of past tense verbs.  I'm once again getting a week to be totally humbled with the aquisition of new knowledge.  The first two weeks of spanish class were attention getter's, and the week of embroidery with Nativdad was a true lesson in patience and humility, but I've learned in all the classes.  There is hope!

Maria, our sweet landlady, gave everyone in the 'hood tamales for comida, lunch, yesterday  She had them made by a friend.  One was filled with chicken and mole, traditional, and the other was filled with peppers, onions and chicken.  Both were delicious!  They were delivered, bagged and ribboned, still warm.  Stuart also gave me gifts:  a helium balloon and a beautiful embroidered blouse. Several friends admired his good taste, the blouse is golden yellow with multi-colored embroidery.  I'm cooking tonight, my gift to Stuart.  A chicken dish that is traditionally served at weddings.

A quiet week, sure to mostly filled with study for me.  But, I'll make time for a cup of chocolate, for sure!

No comments: