Thursday, March 10, 2011

Peeps Week

Peep Week, at Myrtle Beach. Stuart and I got home Wednesday morning, and I left again Saturday morning. Thank goodness I had left a few things in a stack, in anticipation of this trip. After having been gone for three months, I had no idea what I'd been working on in my studio!

Joanne is settling into her new apartment this week, and taking care of Roy. We are missing her. Karen and I are in the two ocean front rooms, and I'm sleeping very well, with the sound of the waves in my ears all night. Bev and Kathy are just down the hall...


Thursday. This is the SECOND day we've seen a rainbow this week! If you look closely, you'll even see a fainter, second rainbow just to the right of the Big One. The light was beautiful, the seagulls on the beach were glowing in the almost-gone sun.














Daffodils in my White garden. The March Pinks (flowering almond) should be blooming pretty soon.
















I fully intended to get this gorgeous quilt top quilted this week. But, I didn't bring thread, so it will wait until next week. It is sandwiched and pinned, and the quilting design is worked out (in my head, of course!). All the prep work is done, I'm ready to stitch. This is the quilt top Bonnie worked on, during Retreat, for several years. It's beautifully pieced, with fabrics from many friends. It's huge: 100" x 100". It's going to be perfect on my bed....THANKYOU, Bonnie!







The late day light is so pretty. I took this from our 4th floor balcony; the tide is high, and wind is low.

It's been a good week, but too cold or rainy most days to spend time on the beach. That's OK...we can hear the waves all day and night!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

carlitok said...

Just want to pop over and tell you that quilt is gorgeous. I'd love to see a pic of how you quilt it. I'm stuck on different types of feathers right now. I've always loved them and I'm not jumping in with both feet. Hope you are well and I enjoy following your adventures. Cristy

carlitok said...

oops. that was supposed to say that I am jumping in with both feet. Everything I've quilted lately has had feathers. Lumpy, mis-shaped feathers, but lots of them. :)

karenc said...

Hola Cristy!
It is gorgeous, and I'm a lucky girl to be the recipient of such beauty...the joke is that, of course, I would never make a quilt that requires such perfection in technique. Only Bonnie could make such a large quilt top with so many pieces and it would lie FLAT! Feathers would be perfect, and I love to look at them. I'm so happy to hear YOU'RE making feathers. Wonky feathers, Lumpy feathers, Flying feathers! Go, girl! Feathers is the word of the day!