Monday, March 28, 2011

YSA North Topsail


The YSA women are at the beach for the week. Julie and Kari drove down from WV and MD, Gini, Bonnie, Martha and I came from Wilmington. We have a really perfect house at North Topsail, with GREAT light. We immediately moved the furniture against the walls, set up our work tables, put on our baggy clothes and began to laugh and work. We celebrated Martha's birthday...this is the 'cupcake' birthday cake. I can't post the picture after we lit the candles, it was too bright for the camera! Carrot cake, complete with carrot tops garnish.
 



The house is on the beach. Since we're experiencing the last gasp of winter, we have a "refrigerator annex" on the porch. Perfect for the leftover lasnagna, cake and unopened wine that won't fit in the fridge. I've seen more pelicans than I've ever seen in one place. The first afternoon I was here, I saw a flock of what appeared to be 100 pelicans, heading north. What a sight!




The cover of my Oaxaca/Guatemala journal....Stuart and I fell in love with San Marcos, on Lake Atitlan in Guatemala. I took pictures of the 'street' signs in the village, and covered the front and back of the journal with those photos.


I'm quilting the huge log cabin quilt top Bonnie gave me last year. Bonnie and Julie are working on jewelry making and metal work, Martha is collaging and enjoying her books, Kari is sewing various projects, Gini is sewing and quilting. Oh, cooking and wine drinking, too! Lovely week, even if the wind is too cold for to allow beach time. The week is young...

1 comment:

gypsygirl said...

What a great week we had spent with sistahs from different mothers. I love all you girls and can't imagine how dull my life would be without you all.