Thursday, October 24, 2013

Scale Model Airplanes

      The Bug Dude was here a couple of weeks ago, and went to the attic.  We don't store much up there, except those THIRTY boxes of scale model airplanes. Bug Dude suggested they are bug resorts, and we might store the planes in something other than cardboard boxes with paper packing.  I've been moving those boxes for almost 30 years, and have never seen the contents. Because they've always been in the attic, they've survived three floods!   Building them from scratch or from kits was Stuart's hobby before we met.  Now, I have an ally in my  quest to do something with them.  Stuart and I moved them from the attic, then moved them to his shop this week.  He will unpack them when we return from Oaxaca. 

I couldn't wait, and had to open a couple of the boxes.  Wow!  The details in everyone is pretty awesome. Mostly WW1 and WWII models, the second box I opened was armored vehicles.  He said I can not call them tanks.  We can't possibly display them, there are about 300 specimens, so I don't know what will happen next.  But, I know they won't go back to the attic!


Today, the last of the Oaxaca travel prep, including welcoming May and Atticus, who are going to be staying here while we're gone.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: