Friday, December 30, 2011

Pensacola Porches

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was a few months after the awful Hurricane Katrina. Stuart and I had been to Biloxi and Pascaqoula to pound a few nails and replace a few roofs. Afterwards, we spent a few days unwinding in downtown Pensacola, where we fell in love with the porch rails. I know, sounds silly, but it's true! While we're currently reminded daily that we're actually in LA (Lower Alabama) and not in Florida, I think of the small downtown Pensacola as typical Florida. This is the picture in my head, when I think of old Florida houses. And, most of these houses have been around since the late 1800's, so there must be a good reason for the picture in my head. We spent a pretty sunny afternoon this week, walking and admiring the porches. You know we ended up at Pensacola Brewery, our favorite kitchen in the city.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What pretty porch railings! The photos are so good; sounds like good eats, too, in them thar parts!