Friday, December 24, 2010

Just a few more pics from the upstairs exhibit...


Don't you love this shoe?!? Complete with heel tip, pad, arch pad and strap. I learned those words from my friend Jerry, who is a shoe-maker. We were all fascinated with this piece, and all the tiny 'people' who inhabited this shoe. Entitled, "de Giganta".














I was fascinated with this giant book. It's about 3 feet tall, and more than 5 feet deep. It's an accordian book, with a cover that fastens with leather straps. Each 'page' is covered with a loosely woven cloth, which is woven with strips of paper. The artist wrote, a letter I suppose, then cut it into strips and wove it through the cloth. The photo on the last 'page' of the book, framed by the pages, is sitting under a tree, writing in a book.



















Yet another waterfall, from the top of the building, down the north end. I loved the graduated colors of each pool.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: